Permanent Residency Attorneys in Alexandria
Helping You or Your Loved One Obtain a Green Card
To live permanently in the United States, you will need a green card. While non-immigrant visas limit the amount of time you can legally stay in the U.S., green cards allow you to live and work here indefinitely. They also offer a wide variety of other benefits, including the opportunity to later apply for citizenship through naturalization.
At Tesfaye Law, we are here to support you through this application process. We can help you decide which avenue you or your loved one should take to obtain permanent residency. We can then guide you every step of the way to ensure you have the highest possible likelihood of success.
Are you looking to obtain a green card? Call our permanent residency lawyers in Alexandria at (703) 454-8865 today.
How to Obtain a Green Card
Becoming a permanent resident can be a challenge without professional guidance and in-depth knowledge of the immigration system. Our team can skillfully guide you through this process because we have spent years developing our practice.
We can help you become a lawful permanent resident through one of 5 methods:
- Family sponsorship. If your family member is a U.S. citizen, they can sponsor you to come live and work in the U.S. You must be their spouse, child, parent, or sibling to qualify. A permanent resident can also sponsor you if you are their spouse or unmarried child. In either case, your sponsor will need to demonstrate that they can financially support you. They will need to submit Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, and then you both will submit Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
- Employment sponsorship. If you have a permanent employment opportunity in the U.S., your employer can sponsor you for a green card. This process is similar to family sponsorship, but your sponsor will file Form I-140, Petition for Alien Worker instead of I-130. It also has additional steps (such as labor certification) and typically takes more than two years.
- Annual diversity lottery. Every year, the U.S. offers green cards to a certain number of randomly chosen applicants through the highly competitive Diversity Immigrant Visa Program. For fiscal year 2021, for example, the U.S. is selecting 55,000 applicants. To qualify, you must be from a country with low rates of annual immigration to the U.S. You must also meet certain education and employment requirements.
- Qualified investment. You may be eligible for a green card if you invest a certain amount of money into a new business enterprise in the U.S. You will typically need to obtain an EB-5 visa, which is reserved for foreign nationals who invest $1 million and, as a result, will create at least 10 full-time jobs for Americans. You will need to file Form I-526, Immigrant Petition by Alien Entrepreneur, followed by Form I-485 once you are approved and granted entry.
- Political Asylum/refugee status. If you cannot return to your native country for fear of persecution based on race, religion, sexual orientation, or other protected classes,you may be able to obtain a green card after requesting asylum. You will need to make this request within your first year of residing in the U.S. Once this is approved, you can then apply for permanent residence.
Contact Our Team for Personalized Assistance with Your Application
While you may become a lawful permanent resident through a variety of methods, this process can take months or years to complete. To prevent unnecessary delays, denials, or even accusations of fraud, we urge you to seek our counsel at the beginning of your petition process. Even the smallest mistake on paperwork or a single missed deadline may hinder your chances of receiving a green card. We are available throughout the length of the application process to answer your questions and allay any concerns.
We believe you deserve the opportunity to live and work permanently in the United States, and we want you to benefit from our years of experience in this field. To get started on your case, call (703) 454-8865 or fill out our online contact form today.
Do you want your legal issue to be as painless as possible? No one wants to spend more time than they need to in a courtroom. Let us utilize our high-powered strategies and resources to advocate for your rights and resolve your matter as efficiently as possible. We have a track record of delivering exceptional support to each and every client, and we want you to benefit from this level of service.
Without a doubt I would recommend him to anyone looking for Legal advisory- Gamal G.
I would like to highlight three words: Highly Professional, Knowledgeable and Result Oriented.- Farhan C.
I wish there was enough words to explain how brilliant this attorney is.- Stephen K.
We greatly appreciate him and we highly recommend his service.- Valerie G.
Presented to me all the possible scenarios with honesty, sincerity and professionalism.- Jamal K.